Christmas is a time for giving, right?
Personally, I love giving home-made gifts for Christmas Day presents. There’s nothing like the personal touch to signal that the recipient is someone important to you; in many cultures use food as a way to express affection. My friend would call it ‘eating the love’.
However as a time-poor working mum, I don’t have endless hours to spend on gift-making anymore. I need something that looks great but is relatively quick to prepare.
Enter this jar of festive trail mix, which ticks so many boxes.
It’s a good-looking gift, and would sit happily next some designer gourmet treats. It’s healthy — nuts, dried fruit and okay, apricot yoghurt balls — are a great way to stave off hunger pangs during the silly season without adding inches to your waistline.
But the best part of this gift is that it takes approximately two minutes to make! Sure, you need to do some shopping for the ingredients, jars, fabric and ribbon but you’d be doing some shopping anyway, wouldn’t you?
So in only a little longer than the time that it would take you to wrap a present you can make a lovely home-made, edible gift.
Go on – share the love this Christmas.
- 100 grams raw almonds
- 100 grams dried banana chips
- 100 grams dried cranberries
- 100 grams yoghurt covered apricot balls
- 100 grams sultanas
- Mix all ingredients and put into jar.
- Add vintage napkin or handkerchief, secure with a rubber band and then tie with gold or silver ribbon.
- Alternatively, you could cut out circles of fabric and tie with ribbon..