Do you get the mid-afternoon munchies? I’m referring to that moment between 3:00 and 4:00pm when you suddenly look up from whatever you’re doing and realise you’re famished.
You do? Well, you’re not alone.
This recipe is perfect for those moments when you are in danger of turning into The Hulk unless you eat soon. You can also pre-roast the nuts and store them in an air-tight container to make things even easier. Served with a piece of fruit and a drink, these flavoured almonds will satisfy your hunger and keep you powering on until dinner time.
These Flavoured Nuts are also a great snack for movie night, or for serving up with drinks when friends visit. For a kid-friendly dish, use smoky paprika but if you like chilli, use hot paprika and add 1/2 teaspoon of honey.
- 150 grams raw almonds
- 1 teaspoons garlic flavoured olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon smoky or hot paprika
- ½-1 teaspoon salt flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl until well combined and then spread out on baking tray in one layer.
- Roast for 10 minutes and then leave on tray with door ajar to cool.
- Store in an air-tight container.