This healthy and delicious sweet treat has only 5 ingredients and takes only a few minutes to make. You simply process almonds, dates, coconut, rice malt syrup (a great sugar substitute) and water together, press it into a baking try, leave it to harden in the refrigerator and then cut or stamp out ‘bites’. Easy, right?
These Delicious Bites are perfect for those times you need a quick and healthy snack on the go. Enjoy a couple of Bites with a piece of fruit and a drink and you’ll be ready to tackle anything.
Dietary notes – dairy-free, processed sugar-free, gluten-free, and egg-free. Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1.5 cups pitted dates
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- Process almonds in a bench top processor until they resemble bread crumbs.
- Add dates, coconut, rice malt syrup and water and blend until it is well combined and mixture resembles sand.
- Press into a suitable serving dish or baking tray and refrigerate for two hours.
- Cut into rectangles or use a cookie cutter to stamp out ‘biscuits’.
- Keeps in the fridge in an air-tight container for a week or longer.
- Makes 10-12 bars or ‘biscuits’