Brrrrr!!! Winter has certainly arrived in Australia. As I type this I’m wearing three jumpers, jeans and ugg boots (sheepskin slippers). It’s true that I am a bit of a wimp about the cold but still, it is pretty chilly out there.
On such a cold day food and drink help to keep me warm. I drink endless cups of tea, toast my sandwich at lunchtime and come up with warm snacks to nibble on such as this Cumin and Chilli Roasted Almonds.
This easy recipe is a great healthy snack for adults. I specify adults because young children aren’t typically fond of chilli but if yours are heat hounds you can of course make these roasted almonds for them, too. But you may not wish to share them. 🙂
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoons ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ - 1 teaspoon chilli powder (1/2 = hot; 1 = very hot)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon melted honey
- 1.5 cups almonds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix all ingredients bar almonds in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Add almonds and mix until coated evenly.
- Spread out evenly on baking tray in one layer and then bake for 12 minutes.
- Leave to cool on tray and then eat.
- Store in an air-tight container