The Australian winter continues and so does my love affair with warm and comforting desserts.
This Raspberry & Almond Pudding fits the bill perfectly. With only five ingredients, it’s quick and easy to make. In fact, it works perfectly as a last-minute dessert thrown together on the spot when unexpected guests drop in. You can use whatever berries you have at hand – I keep packets of mixed berries and raspberries in the freezer so an easy dessert is always only minutes away.
In texture, this pudding is somewhere between a soufflé and a regular pudding so it doesn’t sit uncomfortably in the stomach at all. Which means double helpings shouldn’t be a problem. 😉
Dietary considerations: gluten-free, wheat-free, dairy-free.
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean essence or paste
- 1 & ⅓ cups almond meal
- 220 grams frozen raspberries, thawed
- 30 grams flaked almonds to garnish
- Whipped cream, ice cream or custard to serve
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Beat eggs and caster sugar with electric mixer for around eight minutes (a stand mixer is ideal) until creamy and foamy.
- Fold in vanilla essence and almond meal, mixing gently (a spatula is ideal) until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into an appropriate, oven-proof container.
- Drop whole raspberries into the pudding mixture, spreading evenly throughout container.
- Bake in the hot oven for about 45-50 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out cleanly.
- Garnish with flaked almonds and serve with vanilla custard, ice cream or whipped cream. Serve immediately.