I first ate this dip at my friend’s house and it was so good I persuaded her to share the recipe with me for Amazing Almonds. I then tweaked it a little and made it the other day when we had some people over.
Did they like it? Did they ever! Everyone who ate it demanded the recipe. You can’t ask for more than that, can you?
This Almond and Dill Dip couldn’t be simpler, either – you simply grind some almonds in a blender and then mix them with the other ingredients. Easy, right?
While this dip is perfect served with crackers and crudités you can also eat it spread between two slices of bread or on a roll. If you want a more substantial meal try adding some steamed chicken or smoked trout and perhaps a few thin shavings of cucumber.
Simple and delicious. Just the way Summer food should be.
- ¾ cup whole blanched almonds, plus a few extra to garnish
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup thick Greek yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1.5 tablespoons diced fresh dill, plus a sprig extra to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grind almonds in blender.
- Add to other ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with fresh dill and ground almonds. Serve with crackers or bread.
Gluten, meat and refined sugar free