Almonds are perfect for a healthy and sustaining snack when you’re on the run or after school when the kids are inevitably famished.
This easy recipe pairs blanched almonds with cumin and smoked paprika for a subtle spiced flavour. Serve them as is, with a piece of fruit or with marinated olives to accompany pre-dinner drinks.
Store them in an air-tight jar and they’ll keep happily for a week or so. But I wouldn’t count on them lasting that long. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons (30 mls) extra virgin olive oil
- 220 grams blanched almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt flakes
- Heat up the oil in a small fry pan and drop almonds in.
- Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 5-6 minutes over a medium heat until almonds are nicely browned.
- Add cumin and smoked paprika and then cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in salt flakes.
- Keeps for a week in an air-tight container.