The hardest thing about exercising, as we all know, is starting. Once you start you generally feel so good that you feel motivated to continue; it’s taking that first step that’s the hardest.
When I’m exercising regularly I am very conscious of what I put into my body: I don’t want to undo all that good work I’ve done at yoga class by feeding myself anything less than healthy, nutrient-dense food.
Keeping to healthy meals is fairly straightforward but it’s the snacking between meals — especially when I’m out and about — that is often my undoing.
This is where these fantastic, easy Coconut, Date and Almond Balls come in. With only five ingredients they can be made in under 10 minutes and stored in the fridge for a week or so. When I’m leaving the house I simply pop one in a little container and put it in my handbag for those times when I need a little something.
Healthy snacking couldn’t be easier. So why not give these balls a go today?
- 250g raw almonds
- 20 dried dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean essence
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- Pulse almonds in a processor until finely ground.
- Add dates and pulse again until combined.
- Add vanilla and water and pulse again until mixed thoroughly.
- Using your hands form the mixture into 9 firm balls.
- Sprinkle the coconut on a small plate and then roll the balls into the coconut.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.