2 ingredients + 10 minutes = this dinner party worthy treat: almond clusters.
Good food doesn’t have to complicated or time consuming. A gorgeously ripe peach. Some good cheese and crackers. A perfectly cooked steak.
I’m adding almond clusters to this list because these can be made with only two ingredients and in practically no time at all. Yet these feel special enough for an indulgent everyday treat or to serve up with coffee and tea at your next dinner party.
I’ve used milk chocolate here but dark chocolate or white chocolate would also work. If using dark chocolate you may want to sprinkle the almond slithers with a teaspoon of icing sugar first – it just depends how bitter you like your dark chocolate. Actually, an orange flavoured dark chocolate (e.g. Lindt) would also be fantastic.
- 1 cup silvered almonds (120 grams)
- 100 grams milk or dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- Put chocolate into a medium bowl and melt chocolate for 45 seconds on high in the microwave (or in a double boiler on the stove).
- Stir until chocolate is fully melted.
- Add almonds and stir until fully combined
- Using a teaspoon scoop portions out onto a lined baking tray and then repeat until all used up.
- Refrigerate for one hour until set and then store in an air-tight container.