This time of year is full of social activities and get-togethers with friends and family. So it’s a great time to have a quick and easy appetiser up your sleeve for when people drop over or you’re asked to bring a plate.
This Smoked Fish and Almond Dip can be made in under five minutes. You simply blend softened cream cheese with herrings, almonds, capers, lemon and black pepper to make a delicious, fully-flavoured dip that’ll have people coming back for seconds and thirds.
I like serving this with a mixture of crackers and fresh vegetables for the ultimate in healthy snacking.
- 200 grams cream cheese, softened (leave on bench for 15 minuts)
- 200 grams tin herrings, drained
- 150 grams blanched or slivered almonds
- Juice of 1 large lemon (or 5 tablespoons lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Blend all ingredients and then scoop into a suitable serving bowl.
- Refrigerate until 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with an assortment of crackers, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots and beans.