With the cooler Autumn weather, roasted nuts warm from the oven make a wonderful snack.
This super-easy recipe makes delightfully spicy, sweet and salty roasted almonds that are incredibly more-ish. They’re only mildly hot so you can increase the chilli factor if you wish.
Serve them with pre-dinner drinks and watch them vanish before your eyes. Enjoy!
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 egg white
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon hot cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place almonds into a small bowl.
- Whisk egg white until foamy and then pour over almonds.
- Add spices and salt and mix until combined.
- Spread over baking tray so almonds are in one layer and roast for 15 minutes.
- Turn down oven to 180 degrees Celsius and roast for another 10 minutes.