The weather has been so unpredictable in Australia lately. Storms, gales, rain and blustery winds – we’ve had it all. The nights, too, are bitterly cold: I’ve been piling on the blankets and layers each night just to stay warm.
In this kind of weather I crave hot, comforting food. Forget salads and juices – all I want is a big bowl of something hearty and nourishing to warm me up from the inside. I find sandwiches for lunch just don’t cut it, either, so I’ve bought thermoses for my kids so that they can take leftover soup or stew to school.
So this week’s recipe is an easy one for tasty roasted Honey Soy almonds. This is one of the ultimate crowd-pleasing flavour combinations – everyone seems to like it. Served still warm and crunchy from the oven, they do a wonderful job of lifting one’s spirits in this unfriendly weather. Enjoy!
- 2 cups natural (raw almonds)
- 3 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix almonds, soy sauce, honey and melted butter in a small bowl and then spread out evenly on lined baking tray.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes until warm but crunchy and then serve.
- Store any remaining almonds in an air-tight container for up to a week.