I love chilli so I have more than a dozen different bottles in my pantry and fridge. However, if I had to choose only one I would pick the legendary Sriracha Chilli Sauce for its versatility: it goes equally well with Chinese fried rice, Vietnamese beef pho, Korean fried chicken and Thai fried noodles.
Sriracha is one of the cult food products that is almost universally adored by serious and not-so-serious foodies around the globe. In Australia, you’re likely to find the familiar clear, green capped bottle sitting on the table in your favourite Vietnamese restaurant, next to the brown Hoisin sauce. I like adding Sriracha, hoisin sauce, fresh chilli, and fresh lemon juice to my pho, along with the regular bean sprouts and fresh basil leaves.
So today I’ve mixed Sriracha with hoisin sauce to create these super easy Sriracha Roasted Almonds. I can’t tell you how good these are – you’re just going to have to make them and discover that for yourself. But if you love chilli, and especially Sriracha, I’m pretty sure you’re going to fall head over heels in love with these. Enjoy!
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place raw almonds on tray and roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven (leaving oven on) and place in a large bowl.
- Add Sriracha and hoisin sauce to the almonds and mix thoroughly with a spoon until evenly combined.
- Return the almonds to the oven tray and and roast in the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Leave to cool and then break into pieces.
- Store in an air tight jar.