Sometimes it’s nice to spend some time in the kitchen, creating something complicated for a special occasion.
Other times, we just want to eat good food, fast.
This is one of those dishes inspired by those moments. You simply roast some almonds and then place them on top of a dried apricot that has been dipped into dark chocolate.
Could it be any easier? I doubt it.
Could it be any tastier? Again, I doubt it.
This sweet treat would be great as a sweet canapé at a cocktail party or served with coffee and tea at the end of a dinner party. Or you could just make them for yourself to enjoy as an indulgent yet healthy snack.
Why not give it a go today?
- 150 grams fancy dried apricots
- ½ cup almonds (look for the nicest looking ones)
- 80 grams dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and scatter almonds on top.
- Roast for about 10 minutes and then set aside.
- Line another tray with baking paper
- Melt chocolate in a small, microwave-safe container (try 30 seconds on high, then another 30 seconds) and then dip the apricots in so that the chocolate covers half.
- Place it on the baking paper and then immediately place an almond on top of the wet chocolate.
- Repeat with all the remaining apricots and chocolate.
- Leave to dry at room temperature for 30 minutes to fully set.